What a “fest”. What an awful display of human kind. What a moderate display of music. Also one of the hottest days I have ever experienced in my life.
Truth be told, the festival organizers did manage to put on a great show. The setup and execution of the music was spotless. I initially questioned their alternating stage approach, but it was pretty cool to have constant metal blaring for 5 straight hours until the main stage lit up. There were tons of fun and silly merch tents for us to roam around. And lots of wildlife to look at as well.
If you followed our twitter page, you would’ve seen our updates. Here’s a summary:
- Drank on the bus
- Started the day like anyone should before an all-day festival, drinking before noon in a dark bar
- Took the ferry over, saw some great jorts
- Got to the show and watched Norma Jean put on a decent show
- Saw this abomination that I couldn’t stop looking at
- People were getting tired of the sun pretty quickly
- Drank … and drank … and drank some more
- Saw more wildlife
- Watched 5 Finger Butt Fuck, who absolutely sucked
- Saw Lamb of God Destroy it
- Saw Rob Zombie put on a great live show, even if he was pretty much winded the entire time
- Left before Korn had a chance to get on stage (thankfully)