Posts Tagged ‘days until halloween’
3 days until Halloween! 3 for Pierre Molinier, creepy fetishist and all-around pervert who died on March 3rd, 1976. Maker of some awesome photography and apparently the type of everyday guy who likes to have sex with his dead sister’s corpse (read the wikipedia). Stay brutal.
On October 5th, 1952, Clive Barker was born. Clive Barker is without a doubt one of my all-time favorite authors and film directors.
Happy 57th Clive!
6 days! 6 for the number of strings on a guitar. And guitars produce heavy metal.
Tonight we are going to celebrate heavy metal by attending a Satyricon concert in NYC. We’ll report back with details.
7!!! Lucky #7. For the 7 deadly sins. Allow me to rank the sins in order of least favorite to favorite (even though I just love sinning and it’s very hard to say which is my favorite).
Actually, this sin is stupid and I hate it. I envy no man, no person. I am just fine thank you. What do I need to be jealous of? I’m pretty badass. Leave me alone.
Much like Envy, I dislike Greed. I have enough. I don’t need anything more. I always get just the right amount. I also always get what I want, so I don’t ever really need to be greedy anyways.
Although I could always use more beef jerky. That means I can be greedy sometimes. I like to horde my beef jerky. OK so I have a little greed in me, that’s fine. Makes me human.
See Envy. I hate and have anger towards envy and jealousy. Also I hate country music, douchebags, and New Jersey.
I quite enjoy being lazy sometimes.
I also quite enjoy eating the shit out of some food sometimes. My favorite things to binge on are beef jerky, soy crisps, cottage cheese, tacos, chicken nuggets, pickles, and cabbage.
I am a very proud person. See Envy for more information.
I really don’t need/want to go into this one.
8. For 8-legged creatures spiders. Stars of the 1990 horror movie Arachnophobia. With the tagline “Eight legs, two fangs and an attitude.” Nice.
The movie was pretty good from what I remember. Better than movies about crocodiles or piranhas. I was surprised though when I search for more movies, of the sheer dearth of spider movies around. You figure with such a seminal creepy creature there would be more around.
Anywho, this 2002 article on Freaky Trigger (a very good read) details why the spider hasn’t been a popular staple of horror and movies in general.
Happy Freaky Friday.
Only 9 more days until Halloween! Teehee! For today’s entry we’ll go with the 9 Satanic Statements, from Anton LaVey‘s famous work, The Satanic Bible.
Hold onto your dicks, we’ve got a lot of exclaimation points ahead of us:
1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!
When I was 14 that shit was awesome.
So celebrate October 22nd by checking out his grandson, Stanton’s, myspace page. I read an interview with him in a magazine (Spin? Rollingstone?) last year and it was pretty hilarious. He seems like a fun guy, and he’s just like us, only bald, famous and expected to act like a lunatic. I’m truly envious.
While the originality of Saw might have worn out years ago, the fact remains: people pay to see these movies, so they’ll keep coming out (6 is supposed to be the final one, but I highly doubt it. Why kill the cash cow?).
Saw championed the creation (really the rebirth) of a genre of horror some refer to as “torture porn“. Movies about people getting off on killing. I just enjoy the brutal death scenes. Doesn’t give me a boner though.
Almost to 10!
There are 11 players on a football team. The most amazing football video game of all time was Mutant League Football, featured on the Sega Genesis. Probably the greatest sports video game ever except for Bill Laimbeer’s Combat Basketball.
Bombs went off, players were killed/mutilated, all in the name of sports! Whether you loved the Psycho Slashers, the Misfit Demons, or the Deathskin Razors, you loved this game.
I really didn’t want our Halloween Countdown to just be links to other Halloween Countdowns, and I’d say for the last 2 months (Jesus) we’ve done pretty well. Today’s an exception, as we’re playing a bit of catch-up. I also feel we deserve it, seeing as we’ve been doing our countdown since 60. For the 12th entry on our Days Until Halloween countdown, I present you with two worthy reads: